Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Ode to the monster locked outside my bedroom door

I'm sorry, my dear
I can't let you in tonight
for I have a secret I've
been meaning to tell you...
you see, I hate you.

I know nowis not a good time for you
you've had a bad day... week...
... life really.
Your mother didn't hug you enough
your borther "accidently" ran over your cat
your father doesn't care

You stubbed your toe
Your car has a flat
You're allergic to chocolate
And Santa left a coal in your stocking
Its tragic, really.

And I ephathize with you,
I do.
It just, that, this thing,
this relationship we've got going on
It isnt working out for me

You see, I'm tired.
I tired of the way you come
sneaking in admongst
the shadows at 3am.
It isn't decent.

I hate the way you
slither and the sounds
you make when you you are
trying to make me feel so
small.

I hate the person I have
become around you
the person you make me into
the person i know I am,
and i thought i would never be.

I hate the way you take my stregnths
my dreams, my successes,
my treasures...
and make them look so worthless,
so disgusting.

and so i am tired of hating
hating myself
and so now,
i have decided,
to hate you instead

so goodnight.
i would say we could
try to just be friends
but we all know those
never work out.

again, i say,
goodnight...
have a good life
and try, please try,
to stay out of mine.



Ode to the monster locked outside my bedroom door,
by leopoldina dewinter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home