Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Philippe Bertho, Homme en Lutte

"Through my art, I create a visual story that only the viewer can complete by using their intellect, imagination and sense of humor."
— Philippe Bertho




Philippe Bertho, Homme en Lutte avec Lui-Meme II
(Struggling With Himself, II), diptych, 2004,
acrylic on canvas, 59 x 19.69 inches

I recently went to the Martin Lawerence Galleries, in SF, to few an exhibit and stumbled across of a couple of Philippe Bertho serigraphs. He is an amazing artist with a great sense of humor. I wish I could see more of his work. I guess I will have to keep my eyes open. If I had a couple grand to throw away, I would buy one of his limited prints. I guess this is yeat another reason for me to practice my french. Maybe one day I could write him a letter to tell him how much I love his work!

You can read more info on Philippe Bertho at the Martin Lawerence Galleries...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your point of you. I am a lucky guy as I bought some of his works when he was still working in France and every day I am delighted to watch his paints. Whenever I think you can write to him as he his working more for the U.S. now. He is very pleasant and has a lot of terrible ideas for his work. You should see some of his former paints before the pop art. It was industrial scenes with the same "trompe l'oeil". Desperately, there is no exhibit of those paints, nor a web site.
Regards.

Christophe Adam (I am French)

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw his works in Martin Lawerence Gallerie in New York. Truly amazing!! "La Saut" is one of my favorite of his works. The shadows are truly perfect. A lot of fun to look at!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home