Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love Monkey CANCELLED?!?!?

Love Monkey

FINALLY, I found an entertaining television show that combines three of my favorite things in the whole world: good music, nyc, and good looking men... and CBS has the nerve to CANCEL it. And I thought this High Fidelity-esque show based off Kyle Smith’s witty best selling novel would hit the market running, but apparently the ratings aren't high enough. Those bastards! If it isn't bad enough that I have to watch the "censored" version of the olympics in which they spend more time on commercials and talking about whether or not Michelle Kwan will skate, instead of actually showing the events... then the one thing that I look forward to in my week gets cancelled because its "too intelligent and angsty."

I want to cry! I was so pissed I actually went to CBS.com, clicked on the "Feedback" button and wrote them an email. If you like Love Monkey, I encourage you to do the same... don't let them cancel the show!!!

--------------

To Whom It May Concern:

For the last few weeks, my housemates and I have been rushing home at 10pm on tuesdays nights to settle down with a beer and watch our new favorite tv show... Love Monkey. Considering that my housemates and I all lead ridiculously hectic lives (we are all in our late 20s and trying to "make something of ourselves"), it was a feat of its own for us to be able to find a time to all be together... not counting that we all happen to fall in love with the same tv show!

After the end of Sex in the City, and the downfall of Desperate Housewives, I personally have not been able to find a single tv show worth "getting involved" with between the CSI runoffs and reality tv stupidity. However, in Love Monkey we found the same quick witted banter and chemistry that we loved about Sex in the City and Friends, mixed with our love for music, and set in one of the greatest cities on earth.

So you can imagine my shock when I discovered that the show Love Monkey was put on hiatus... soon to be cancelled by the network. I read that the show has been receiving low ratings, but I can't imagine why as all my friends and coworkers in the SF area have been raving about it.

PLEASE give Love Monkey a second chance! You would make one household in the city of San Francisco very happy... and give us a reason to actually turn on our television set once a week.

Sincereley,
Leo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home