Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Love letter from Marilyn Monroe to Joe DiMaggio

"I don't know how to tell you just how much I miss you. I love you till my heart could burst. All I love, all I want, all I need is you - forever. I want to just be where you are and be just what you want me to be.
I know its lousy of me to be so late so often and I promise to try a million times harder, I promise. I want someday for you to be proud of me as a person and as your wife and as your wife and as the mother of the rest of your children. (two at least! I've decided.)

I miss it so much when you don't love me and hold me and cuddle me to sleep every night. I want to be near you and I feel so sad tonight.

Darling, please don't leave me anymore.

Love, Marilyn"

This letter, written in 1954, was found in Joe DiMaggio's belongings. Its estimated value, according to Hunt's auction, Inc. is $20,000-$30,000. The letter is one of hundred of personal items that his granddaughters are putting up for auction on Friday and Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home